Welcome to the Dog Zone


Monday, July 19, 2010

Pets and Company




Usually when the doorbell rings, the older dog Dakota goes crazy. I show him that I am alpha and that I have things in control. He doesn't believe me....and continues to bark and generally be a jerk. I realize that he is just protecting his home and mommies, but really....enough already. Fortunately, the puppy Maggie has not picked up on Dakota's bad habits. Once I get the company in the house....all is well. It's just the unknown that drives that old dog crazy. Maggie is so very funny when she sees people....she loves people. Her whole body wags and sways as she greats her new friend. Although, I've been told that her nose is a tad cold and wet when she is sniffing as a puppy can. What to do about the Dakota barking? Patience, training, patience, training then more patience and training. Repeat after me....I AM ALPHA.......your dog need to know that you really are in charge and can handle anything. I love watching the show the show "Dog Whisperer". That is a great show to watch and I've learned much from Ceasar.... he's a good man. So, until later....play hard and sleep well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks for sharing your experience about the dog behaviour with the people. This post is really very interesting. I came to know many new things about the dogs. Best Regards.

    ReplyDelete